Tuesday, August 2, 2011

DIY stamps: Foam counting blocks + Foam stickers

DIY foam stamps
Glue foam stickers on foam counting blocks and make your own stamps

Foam counting blocks from the dollar section of Target

+

Foam stickers from the dollar section of Target, Dollar store



We left some of the blocks as it is for stamping circle, star, square, heart


I had the idea of making stamps out of foam stickers and saved the music foam stickers from quiet a long time(Valentine day). Last month, When I came across the alphabets foam stamps(the ones in cookie box above) in Walmart, we had a discussion whether to buy it or make some with foam alphabets. The question my husband asked was "where will you go for the foam blocks?" and so finally we bought alphabet stamps. CJ took these foam counting blocks from the dollar section of Target and I immediately grabbed them for the DIY stamps.

Sometime back we used empty spool of ribbon for stamping and it worked fine. But the counting block stamps are easy to store and lasts for longer time.

Stick the foam sticker to the flat end of spool




Now grap you stamp and firmly press on the stamping pad. Take it out and Stamp on the paper




For the foam stamps, all we did was stick the foam sticker to the foam counting blocks.


Firmly press the stamping side of the stamp on the stamping pad


Stamp on paper


Lots of Stamping fun!


The M stamp, we did by sticking a "M" Alphabet sticker to the foam block


Music card for Daddy!


20 comments:

  1. Those are fabulous! I am definitely going to make a set! Target, here I come!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I should have bought those foam blocks last night!! I had two packages in my hand and then decided to put them back. Didn't think I *really* needed them. Ugh! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deborah, I have one more stamping project with the foam blocks. We need to grab some more too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy,
    When Cj took them my husband said "Those are for babies" LoL! But for the alphabet foam stamps, even I would have done the same

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I love the idea of reusing a ribbon roll.

    You won the Barnes and Noble gift card on my site. Please send me your e-mail address and I will get you prize to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jdaniel4's mom! I'm so excited about the gift card.

    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so frugal and clever. I will be passing this on to my parents at work. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful! I think i will use the stickers on some of the many plastic bottle caps we've collected.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great idea! i have lots of extra foam stickers- we also used them to make our own game- (think candy land) new follower-

    ReplyDelete
  10. These will be fun. My son will really enjoy doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Esther - love this idea so much I featured it on this week's Sunday Showcase! YAY!

    This really looks like so much fun & so doable!

    Thanks for linking up to the Sunday Showcase - can't wait to see what other fun ideas you link up this week! See you tonight for an all new linky party!!

    Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea - I'm collecting lots of printing ideas at the moment, so thanks for this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! I've walked past those shapes several times and thought...why do I need to buy these....what can I do with them? This is genius! Thank you so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Esther, what a lovely idea! Like Stacy I can easily say 'uggggh'. I saw these too and dropped them back. Couldn't think what I could use them for coz Ari's past the basic shapes. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Come to think of it, I've been thinking of how to recreate the potato (natural dye) stamps that we had done as kids for fabric. This makes it a cake walk!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great idea! Thank you for sharing it with us at my link party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a simple and fun project! The cost is great too!! I hope you will link up to Pinterest Tuesday, I am sure other moms would love to pin your great idea!
    http://ourcountryroad.blogspot.com/2011/08/pinterest-tuesday-week-one.html

    ReplyDelete